Attitudes to witches

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Tue Feb 24 20:04:56 EST 2004

On Tuesday, February 24, 2004, at 05:08 PM, Sally Odgers wrote:

> Reminds me of the Princess Di thing. The paparezzi (sp?) got a lot of
> flack,
> but if no one bought magazines or papers that had "stolen" photos,
> then the
> pizza-men would be out of business.

Actually, this reminds me of something that happened to me some years
ago in a grocery store in Ann Arbor, Michigan [a university town and
quite
liberal, etc.].  Anyway, I was standing in line with my groceries.  The
tabloids are displayed for sale right near the checkout.  The people in
front of me had guests from England with them.  They were apologizing
for the hideously low-culture display.

I like to choked.  As if we poor slobs in the USofA could teach anything
to the UK tabloids!

- My mother said to me, "If you become a soldier,
   you'll become a general; if you become a monk,
   you'll end up as the pope."  Instead, I became a
   painter and wound up as Picasso.

                                -- Pablo Picasso