The Potterverse

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Mon Feb 23 16:40:07 EST 2004

minnow asked:

>>>Are there by any chance any secret passages/tunnels/caves in Potter?

But of course. And of course, leading directly into the basement of
Honeyduke's sweet shop, which is exactly where you want to be. They are used
frequently in book number three and then not at all in books four and five.

I've never ever been in a house with a secret passage. The closest I've ever
seen was someone who had a secret door in the back of a built-in closet,
that lead into a tiny space in which two nine-year-olds could squat very
uncomfortably, which we did for about five minutes until it grew really
boring. I WISH I had a secret passage somewhere in my house. I was all for
building one when we had our rennovation, but Hemmy talked me out of it as
it was expensive and pointless.

There are old abandoned towers in Chrestomanci castle that serve as secret
rooms, no?