Damar, was a defense, of sorts, of HP

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Feb 23 09:03:10 EST 2004

Irina wrote:
> I've read it, what, three times now, and I've always read that
> particular bit as happening outside normal time, on a different plane
> of existence. Where you *can* climb for hundreds of years,
> and get made  immortal, and enter your normal timeline by the back door.

Yes, especially since she has to be *told* that she climbed for hundreds of years- I mean, after the first few rest-stops, you'd start counting the days, wouldn't you? There's clearly some very funny stuff going on with Agsded. I think he, and Luthe, and probably Aerinha are all "not of this world" and only come into it sideways, and Aerin is pulled out of the world without realising.
Jennifer