To Kill a Mockingbird

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Feb 23 08:37:28 EST 2004

Sallyo wrote:
> The difference between adult and YA is one of tone... very difficult to
> explain. There's another difference, rarely addresses, between YA and "books
> for older children". The nearest I can get is that some people are children at
>  14, some are adults and some are Teenagers. They read and think and act
> differently.

I had always thought I went straight from child to adult, but I recently found some diaries from when I was about 17 and oh the teenageness... At least I didn't write poetry. Well, not much.
(And I never thought I was too grown-up to read children's books, although I'm only now starting to watch old kids TV again.)
Jennifer