Translating "witch" (was RE: The Potterverse)

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Mon Feb 23 07:05:12 EST 2004

Gili wrote:

>This entire conversation is far too intellectual and makes my brain hurt.

Great minds ache alike!

Your post makes clear that what I asked (about the possibility of a change
in meaning for the Hebrew word *now* "witch" is not a valid question, so
please don't answer it further, because you already did.

It isn't that I have lost interest, it's that I have a nasty feeling that
this is a series of questions to which an answer can't really be found.
Still looking for Vulgates this afternoon though, unless Charlie tells me
that's another red herring.

Minnow