To Kill a Mockingbird

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Sat Feb 21 21:40:50 EST 2004

>Refresh my memory -- why isn't it? I can't offhand see why it shouldn't be. Apologies if we discussed this >before and I've forgotten.

The difference between adult and YA is one of tone... very difficult to explain. There's another difference, rarely addresses, between YA and "books for older children". The nearest I can get is that some people are children at 14, some are adults and some are Teenagers. They read and think and act differently.

Sallyo - having a melancholy suspicion that I'm a child at 46.

'Enough, thou garrulous garnish!' - Becca of Braveria.