Little Mermaid

jackie e stallcup jstallcup at juno.com
Sat Feb 21 19:31:08 EST 2004

And don't even get me started on Disney's Little Mermaid.  Now THAT one
is a BLAST to teach in my Feminism and Fairy Tales course, but I think
the students get more of a kick out of me jumping up every five minutes
as we watch it and ranting, "can you believe this?''  "Agh!  Look at
that!"  I found that most of my students loved the movie, and were at
least somewhat upset at our deconstruction of it.  They could see the
point, particularly after the theoretical reading we had been doing, but
they sure didn't WANT to see it.

Jackie