The Potterverse (was; DWJ in Israeli newspaper)

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Sat Feb 21 01:05:13 EST 2004

> On the other hand, I'd expect there to be continual discussions about the
> causes of magic - how exactly does it work? Just as there would be if we
> discovered that a significant part of the population was able to practise
> telepathy, say. Are there such discussions in HP?

Discussions, not exactly. Magic is widely assumed to be an inheritable trait.
Several fanfics have touched on trying to find a physical identifier for
whatever plot purposes suit their needs.

I will admit that my only piece of fanfiction anywhere is a Just-So story on
this particular subject.

It's also over on the Red Hen site, in the Publications area.
(Publications/Fiction/Harry Potter/ Hogwarts a History/Just-So)

http://www.redhen-publications.com

The essay collection is in the Commentary area.