The Potterverse (was; DWJ in Israeli newspaper)

mecha godscylla mechagodscylla at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 20 21:33:30 EST 2004

Otter:
Has anybody else read the Lord D'Arcy stories?

Yes, I just ran across and read an omnibus last year.  They seem dated (men
were men, women were women, bad guys had poor sartorial taste, every class
in its place), but I enjoyed the worldmaking and detective aspects. I even
like the dated-seeming bits, really. I could envision everything filmed in
glorious Technicolor.  I remember wondering if DWJ had read them when they
were originally published and taken the law enforcement of magic users
concept out to play.

But I'm always wondering what DWJ has read.  I can't be alone in that!

I wonder what sort of things DWJ has read about magic...?

Elise