Rowling and religion

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Fri Feb 20 16:20:27 EST 2004

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Charles Butler wrote:
|That surprises me. Aren't shops in the US filled with Advent calendars and
|candles?

No, outside of Christian supply centers you never see them.  I get cute
pop culture advent calendars from my sister in Birmingham and people who
see them say "what are those?"  Which is probably why I can have them
and still keep my "I don't celebrate any form of Christmas" street cred.
:)

Also you can get away with a lot of hypocrisy if there is chocolate
involved.

Or butter pies.  I'd be hypocritical for a butter pie.

-deborah
--
"A grown man punting a kitten who was looking the other way... It
was the bravest thing I've ever seen."  -- Sluggy Freelance