Unnecessary truths

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Fri Feb 20 12:31:30 EST 2004

In a message dated 2/20/04 7:08:48 AM Central Standard Time, Sally writes:

> Probus is a club for retired Rotarians... and as far as I know there's
> nothing wrong with Rotarians. They're just - well - a club. Maybe a smuggish
> club (like many clubs) but they do Good Works.

I was only being silly. Rotarians in the US have a very small-town,
small-minded image, which is very likely nothing to do with the reality.

The other image they bring to mind for me is those people in one of the Oz
books who have wheels instead of feet, but that is even less their fault!

Helen Schinske, making a noise like a bus and rolling away