Rowling and religion in CL (was DWJ in Israeli newspaper)

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Feb 20 12:28:38 EST 2004

************************
020 7594 8840
Principal Library Assistant, Medicine
Central Library
Imperial College London
London
SW7 2AZ
jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk

Ika wrote:
> Ooh, actually, that made me remember that they go to church in Charmed
> Life, don't they?  Hmm. And [religion and magic] overlap in Magicians of
> Caprona, of course.

In Witch Week, I don't think any reference is made to religion- witches are supposed to be evil, but I don't think "servants of the devil" comes into it- although that must have been the idea originally, since the split in the worlds was in 1605, at which point King James was frothing at the mouth about witches.
Jennifer