McKinley

Ika blake at gaudaprime.co.uk
Fri Feb 20 12:28:57 EST 2004

Ros said:

> If anyone has read anything by Dickinson, I'd be interested in hearing
> what
> they thought about him.

I absolutely love him: both his children's and his adult, both his fantasy
and his realistic, fiction - especially the one (blanking on the title)
with a woman called Lydia who rents out the top floor of her house to the
unofficial embassy of an Eastern European government-in-exile. He's one of
the few writers I know who can write great political novels without being
didactic and without compromising the complexity of his characterization.
He does great minor characters, in particular: one of those writers where
you get the feeling he *knows* as much about the guy with one line on page
45 as about the leads, he just hasn't put it in the book.

Love, Ika

--
"There are some bad people on the rise" - Moz