Rowling and religion

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Fri Feb 20 12:00:55 EST 2004

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Rowland, Jennifer A B wrote:
|(The books hang together fine at first read. When the searchlights of critical reading are turned on them they shrivel at the edges somewhat, but they're not alone in that. Besides, think of all the fun fanficcers are probably having retroconning all the gaps...)

Indeed.  Lois Lowry is great author, no?  But I took a class in grad
school in which we read every single one of her books critically.  When
we did E. L. Konigsburg, it was great.  When we did Russell Freedman, it
was great.  But Lowry just fell apart under the lens.

Doesn't make her a bad writer (except for _Gathering Blue_), it just
means her books are good for other things.

-deborah atcher service
--
I never metadiscourse I didn't like.