Rowling and religion

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Feb 20 11:55:05 EST 2004

Minnow wrote:
> Is there anywhere in the structure of the society being built
> (and the more you lot discuss it the more inchoate it all
> sounds, to me ... ) in which a Christian, or a
> Muslim, or a Hindu, or a Jewish, or a Buddhist wizard would fit?

Yes. Or, I suppose, to be more accurate, there is nothing written that would *prevent* there being religious wizards.
(The books hang together fine at first read. When the searchlights of critical reading are turned on them they shrivel at the edges somewhat, but they're not alone in that. Besides, think of all the fun fanficcers are probably having retroconning all the gaps...)
Jennifer