The Potterverse (was; DWJ in Israeli newspaper)

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Fri Feb 20 11:49:21 EST 2004

On Friday 20 February 2004 17:32, JOdel at aol.com wrote:

> I suspect that just about every human religion is alive and well
> inside the ww, *as well as* a highly secularized worldview which has
> been adopted by the British Ministry of Magic.
>
> But, of course, coming out and *saying* so is far too controversial a
> stance for any writer whose work is marketed to children to actually
> do, so Rowling hasn't.

Erm.

<fx: wide innocent eyes>

Why should it be controversial not to hide the fact of religion, while
it's not (no longer, at least) controversial not to hide the fact of
sex? Is religion the new sex -- something one ought to be ashamed of so
its mere existence is glossed over or not mentioned at all?

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 03-Feb-2004