Tolkien article

Aimee Smith s4028253 at student.uq.edu.au
Fri Feb 20 03:23:00 EST 2004

THANKS for that article, Devra! I've been wondering how to get a summing-up for ages now. It's not a replacement for the books, but it's definately a good informer and enlightener, and gives me even more incentive to brave the Other tolkien books. Thank your friend for me.
(There were a few points where I thought she might have been better off stating something as her own oppinion, but I'm used to writing - not wonderfully advanced - undergrad academic essays, and I hardly know what resources she had, so I can't really comment!)
I often wonder at how much Tolkien *consciously* allowed his faith and subsequent worldview/theology to influence his work. It's obvious he hated being accused of allegory or sermonising, but... oh, who knows?
:)
Aimee.