far too many thoughts on why DWJ is better than JKR, was Re: DWJ in Israeli newspaper

Ika blake at gaudaprime.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 18:56:28 EST 2004

Lizzie summarized:

> So yeah: I think that if you could go inside a Harry Potter book, a la The
> Eyre
> Affair, you'd find the off duty characters behaving in totally different
> ways
> than they do in the book.  I would not say the same of DWJ.

Yes! When my girlfriend read Carol Oneir's One Hundredth Dream a year or
two ago, she jumped up and down for ages squeaking "DWJ predicted Rowling!
DWJ predicted Rowling!" - she, like me, has this same feeling of a reality
to the universe which is sort of obscured by Rowling.

(But that might be, in my case, because my version of the Potterverse is
much more influenced by the fanfic than by Rowling's books, which make me
angry.)

Love, Ika
--
"There are some bad people on the rise" - Moz