McKinley

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 19 17:17:30 EST 2004

>It might have been deliberate... but it's still something you might call
>"bad art".

Well, maybe not me, personally. Again, I make the point that a lot of
literary fiction does much more impenetrable things with descriptive prose.
I don't see McKinley being a worse writer than any of those literary first
novellists who get reviewed in the NY Times. In fact, she's much better
than some of them. I was making a point about writing in a genre and the
kind of expectations that creates. I think Patricia McKillip gets similar
criticism.

Robyn