OT: McKinley

mks at brisingamen.demon.co.uk mks at brisingamen.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 08:40:41 EST 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:58:47 +0000, Roger Burton West wrote:

>On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 07:29:54PM -0800, Jon Noble wrote:
>
>>And as such things come in threes I too have never
>>watched Buffy (but have seen the movie several times)
>
>That makes, um, five of us I think. (I saw half an episode without
>anaesthetic once, since quite a few people I know are fans of the show.
>Left me completely cold. But I did enjoy the film.)

Never seen a complete episode of Buffy - I used to watch the last few
minutes, waiting for whatever came afterwards, and rather enjoyed the
set piece fight scenes (but then, I have been known to watch just the
last ten minutes of Due South to see the big set piece fight/chase
scenes). I have not seen the film.

And to be honest, the more people around me went on (and on and on and
on) about Buffy, the more resistant I became to it. I've processed
that but now I'm just utterly uninterested. I feel I should be because
of the way it, and other similar cultish series, permeates the
cultural milieu but I seem to get by.

Personally, I am a great devotee of Mona the Vampire.

Maureen

Maureen Kincaid Speller
Folkestone, Kent, UK