OT: McKinley

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Wed Feb 18 17:39:17 EST 2004

Melissa:

>Oh, and near the beginning there's a reference to the Beauty and the Beast
>story (and I suppose you could see this as yet another retread, though not
>as obvious) that I meant to post for Hallie's delectation, and then I went
>and returned the book so I can't quote it exactly.  It was something about
>how Rae likes to retell that story in her own way, making the Beast clearly
>sympathetic, because nobody ever gets him right.  My resolve to write a
>story in which the Beast is an abusive monomaniacal pity-fiend is growing.

LOL.  Well, all I have to say is that if you *do* write that story,
I'll buy it - and write glowing reviews on Amazon, and send copies to
all my friends, especially the ones with daughters!  Can you believe
I'm *still* sticking my head over the parapet about _Beauty_, though
far, far away from here?  <shakes head> You'd think I'd have learned
some sense at this extremely advanced age....

Hallie.