introduction etc (was DWJ in Israeli newspaper)

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Wed Feb 18 15:25:31 EST 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:
|>Fine, Cynthia Voigt (she's another writer where you can have fun watching
|the development of a "type":
|
|And another one who faces really hard things head-on!  I'm a fan of
|the Tillerman books (most of them, haven't read them all) - and aside
|from the inadequate or abusive parents, there's Maybeth as well.  She
|breaks my heart every time, and I'm convinced (on no evidence mind),
|that Voigt based  her on a student she encountered while teaching.
|Yay, another Cynthia Voigt fan.

Though _Seventeen Against the Dealer_ is too hard for me, I'm afraid.
Real life is that hard, and that frustrating, but after everything
for which Dicey's worked so hard, to go out with a whimper like that ...
ah, no.  I can't bear it.

-deborah
--
Can the gods catch flu?  I think I may have given it to all of them.
					-- chrestomanci