OT: McKinley

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Wed Feb 18 13:07:58 EST 2004

On Monday, February 16, 2004, at 05:06 PM, Laurie Puszczewicz wrote:

> Have we had any discussion on Robin McKinley's _Sunshine_?  I just
> finished it the other day and couldn't remember if we talked about it
> or
> if there was interest in talking about it.  In general, (no spoliers),
> liked the characters very much, and the world she created (although I
> was
> a bit confused by some deatils asto when it was set), and I would
> definitely be interested in a sequel (which she seems to set up for in
> this one; at least, there are some unanswered questions at the end).  I
> did think it dragged just a bit in the middle and then finished up
> rather
> quickly.
>
> A lot of reviews compare it to Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which I
> can see.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Laurie

I asked this question a few weeks ago after I read it.  Nobody answered,
so I can't tell you, but _I'd_ be glad to discuss it.

I must be the only person on the face of the earth who never watched
_Buffy_, so I can't help you there.  [Well, I saw the movie.]

It was an alternate universe, I thought, and more or less modern
times.

Shoot.  Now I'm going to have to reread it [not a particularly onerous
burden] in order to discuss it....

- No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
   However, a number of electrons were terribly
   inconvenienced.