Forgiveness/Suffering (Was Re: DWJ in Israeli newspaper)

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Feb 18 09:29:49 EST 2004

elise wrote:
>   And how annoying it is that transgressors are often so
> completely unaware of what they have imposed.  ... If the
> parent is so oblivious and uncaring in the first
> place - will it matter to them ...  But by the
> same token, will forgiveness have any meaning to them?

Or worse- Cinderella says "In my happiness, I forgive you all!" and the Wicked Stepmother hisses "Forgive me? *Forgive* me? How *dare* you forgive me!"

(The Slipper And The Rose, a lovely lovely film. Has some very good songs and points out that there may be some problems when the Prince says "To hell with the marriage of alliance, I'm going to marry a complete stranger with small feet.")
Jennifer