Mark Haddon (no significant spoillers)

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Wed Feb 18 04:23:05 EST 2004

>>> Do you play bridge together?  :-)

>>Do. We fret one another to flinders. Sally Farrell is young and
optimistic,
>>Sally Farrell Odgers has a sore hand from writing all that sig, Sally
>>Farrell-Odgers is a hyphenated snob and Sally Odgers is sort of
fatalistic.

My husband's given name is Haim, but he introduced himself to me by his
nickname Hemmy. At work he's Haim, at home he's Hemmy, with friends he's
either depending on how old he was when they first met. When we printed up
our wedding invitations, we listed him as "Haim". I showed my mother a
sample of the invitation for approval, and all she had to say was, "who's
Haim?" So we had to call the printer and tell him that we liked the sample,
everything was pretty and correct except could he please change the groom?