Fall Line

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Tue Feb 17 18:43:03 EST 2004

Karen wrote:

>"Fall line" popped into my mind immediately - elementary school history
>and geography Oh so long ago!
>
>***********
[snipped details]

Bless you!

Though probably in Holland there aren't too many places to which this
applies, I s'pose in England there probably are -- harking back to Swallows
and Amazons, as I often do, I think there's a bit in *SWallowdale* where
they go as far up the river as they can in the Beckfoot war canoe, and
leave it moored in the pool below the first waterfall.

>I rejoined the list recently - but I'm a chronic lurker so I wouldn't
>expect too much of me!

Well sorry, but after this I shall be watching out for your posts with
eager anticipation and awaiting enlightenment from them, and you have
nobody to blame for this but yourself.

Minnow