JRRT and rabbit stew in an Ursula K. LeGuin interview

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Tue Feb 17 15:07:15 EST 2004

Irina wrote:

...whether there's a word for the
>spot in a river where it becomes navigable (or ceases to be navigable,
>when you're going upstream).

And is there?  And is it in English and if so what is it?  And what is the
proper definition of navigable, how big a boat/ship does that mean?  How
does it relate to tidal?  Oh, please!  Give!  Give!  You *can't* not tell
us now, that's really cruel!

Minnow  (I have Need To Know, obviously)

To unsubscribe, email dwj-request at suberic.net with the body "unsubscribe".
Visit the archives at http://suberic.net/dwj/list/

More information about the Dwj mailing list