JRRT and rabbit stew in an Ursula K. LeGuin interview

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Tue Feb 17 14:10:46 EST 2004

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 11:29, EstairM at aol.com wrote:

> What are some details that recent work required you to know?
> (Or does it more often go as you described above--the research
> leading to the story, not vice versa?)

What conditions sugar maples need to thrive, how exactly a windmill
works (specifically a carding mill), whether there's a word for the
spot in a river where it becomes navigable (or ceases to be navigable,
when you're going upstream).

The obvious place for me to ask that kind of thing if I can't find it
myself (or with the help of a research librarian, but those are a very
rare species in libraries I have access to) is rec.arts.sf.composition,
where no question is silly.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 03-Feb-2004