Mark Haddon (no significant spoillers)

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Tue Feb 17 14:07:56 EST 2004

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 13:11, Ika wrote:

> Similarly, I suspect,
> with the decision to market Deep Secret as "adult" and Merlin
> Conspiracy as "children's", which just means, on a practical level,
> that I have to check both W and J in both children's (and sometimes
> both the 8-12 and the teenage) and adult's sections in bookshops,
> when I want to be comforted by looking at DWJ books out in the world,
> waiting to find their home in someone's head.

The ones translated into Dutch (the Chrestomanci books, most of the
Dalemark books, and _Eight Days of Luke_) are all in 9-12 in the
library (where they belong IMO).

In the bookshop where I buy them for my eight-year-old they're in
Fantasy, which is a motley collection on a top shelf containing, apart
from DWJ, things like Cate Tiernan's Wicca books. Not the Narnia books,
surprisingly; those are in 9-and-up, and on a shelf that my other
eight-year-old can reach.

I don't think Fantasy is in alphabetical order, but the library shelves
them firmly under J.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 03-Feb-2004