OT: McKinley

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Tue Feb 17 12:12:32 EST 2004

Alison wrote:

>McKinley did that thing that
>annoyed me with Rose Daughter - she seems to have discovered baking as a
>hobby and tells us almost more about it than we can stand

She's been really good at baking for many years, not a recent discovery
therefore.  (Her scones are *wonderful*!)  *And* she can apparently bake
anything she wants to without including anything dairy in it, which is
great for DWJ.  Not so much a hobby, more a way of life, I suspect.

>(in Rose Daughter, it was rose cultivation.)

Her rose garden -- no, her garden altogether -- is a fabulous and fairytale
place, so there too she may have been indulging herself a bit, but again I
think she was writing of that which she really does know and enjoy.

Minnow