Truth and kindliness (was Re: DWJ in Israeli newspaper)

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Tue Feb 17 08:41:39 EST 2004

Melissa wrote:

>This is a different kind of situation than the one I was referring to.

Yes.  Sorry.  I was looking not at the rest of your post but at the one
sentence, and seeing how easily it could have been used, out of context, as
a reason to tell what I would call *unneccessary* truth, which is what I
had been worrying about all day (as it were).

It's as if "Truth is good" can be both true and untrue, if you follow me:
so "truth" needs a qualifier when it is used in human rather than absolute
terms.

Or something along those lines.

I didn't at all mean to suggest you were being simplistic, I just saw how
your sentence could be used in a simplistic way and followed my own thought
from there.

Minnow