Truth and kindliness (was Re: DWJ in Israeli newspaper)

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Tue Feb 17 08:15:35 EST 2004

As for truth being outed... when my mother was ill a few years ago my dad
"outed" her existence to her younger half brother and sisters. They hadn't
known she existed... the outcome has been wholly positive, but I think it's
tacitly agreed that it's as well it didn't happen when *their* mother was
alive. Their joint father died youngish, and my mother never met him. Mind
you, her birth predates the marriage with her half-sib's mother, so it
wasn't as bad a shock as if (eg) she'd been between them in age.

Sallyo.