changing words

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Feb 15 19:59:26 EST 2004

and Emma said:
> Not in Brisbane! I'd understand icy-pole, but we call them ice-blocks!
>
> Emma :)

Yes, we call them ice-blocks in Auckland as well. Lollies are the sweet
things you chew or suck such as jellybeans, smarties and minties, and
lollipops are similar to boiled lollies (toffee-like fruit-flavoured
suckable things) but on a little stick. Lollipops are often sold
individually, but lollies come in cellophane packets of 20-40(ish) or else
(at some supermarkets) by the scoopful at the bargain bins.
Regards
Elizabeth.