DWJ in Israeli newspaper

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Sat Feb 14 15:39:40 EST 2004

Responding to myself here, and monopolizing the bandwidth:
I guess what I'm saying is that there are other translators involved, who
are people with faces to me, not just names, and that they deserve a fair
shake. (Not that anything in this business is %100 fair). A publisher buying
translation rights pays for the right to be exclusive with good money. A
translator asking for preferential treatment is just that. (Though I'd
especially like to translate "Howl's Moving Castle", because I've actually
already translated John Donne's "Song"...)