DWJ in Israeli newspaper

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Sat Feb 14 15:24:24 EST 2004

As my husband has gone from roiling in misery to simply snoring in the
living room, I'm responding anyway. Minnow wrote: >>> Have you thought of
asking DWJ's agent Laura Cecil what she would think of that idea? ... I'd be
happy to do a bit of special pleading at this end if you think it's
worth a try.

I appreciate the offer greatly, I'm not sure how I feel about the ethics of
this. I'll have a think and get back to you. However I feel I should point
out, I did not translate the previous two books myself. I wanted to
desperately but at the time I was too busy translating HP4. The translator
was a person by the name of Netta Yedid, who is also a great DWJ fan and a
personal friend of mine. I think she did a top-notch job, but Keter did not
turn to her for the third book, and I don't think it's right for me to
interfere there. Plus the translator they DID hire is also a top-notch
translator and a personal acquantaince and I'd hate to louse things up for
her, too. The whole issue is very sticky and I'm not sure I deserve
preferential treatment just for being such a great fan of the books. (Though
I do think I'm a pretty good translator myself).