DWJ in Israeli newspaper

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Sat Feb 14 14:34:13 EST 2004

Thanks all, for responding. Sorry if I got a bit paranoid, but I did spend a
good hour translating the thing, and then the list simply went dead for two
days, plus another longish email I had written that same day to someone
completely different didn't receive any response, I know it was irrational
of me,  but I was feeling a little rejected. All better now. :)

Elise asked: >>One thing I wondered was, why isn't the publisher showing
more interest in
translating Howl so that the work can be ready to come out when the movie
comes out?

Beats me. I should think that would be the obvious thing to do. I've tried
pitching HMC to the publisher I translate the Harry Potters for, they showed
a teensy bit of interest but I doubt they will get their act together in
time to put in a bid for the rights before Keter buys them. Quite aside from
the fact that DWJ's agent may prefer to continue working exclusively with
Keter. What I'm itching to do is buy the translation rights myself, but I
don't think anyone sells translation rights to individuals, only to
publishing companies.