Protesting Meep! (was Re: DWJ in Israeli newspaper)

Fri Feb 13 18:33:41 EST 2004

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 20:46:14 +0000, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

>Melissa maligned me:
>
>>Plus we are extremely nice people here, except for Minnow, who bites.  :)
>
>Something that you should know right from the start is that Melissa is a
>Jeenyus and Allways Right.
>
>Even when she's wrong.

Especially when I'm wrong.  We determined years ago that reality actually
adjusts itself to prevent this happening.

>She's thinking of my distant cousins of the Characinidae family, from Latin
>America, little cute round brown fellows, innocent-looking until the entire
>front half of them opens wide and reveals the fangs within.

>Just because my motto is "Cet animal est tres mechant -- quand on
>l'attaque, il se defend" doesn't mean I *bite*.  Dynamite, maybe.  Bite,
>no.  With my teeth how would I bite anyone?  Soup I can eat, so long as it
>hasn't got lumps in, but not solids until I get a new crown fixed, the old
>one has gone all wobbly.

You can keep up the pretense all you like, but I know where you keep that
set of false teeth filed to sharp little points.  And it's still you biting
if the teeth are in your hand...

...I just had this vision of Quentin's little old ladies marching along with
innocent toothless smiles and nipping people with their false teeth, hidden
cleverly in hand.  I think I need to lay off the Pepsi for a while.

Melissa Proffitt
(Minnow should read _The Rescue of Ranor_ for another non-biting namesake)