DWJ in Israeli newspaper

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Fri Feb 13 16:00:16 EST 2004

Gili Bar-Hillel wrote:

> I find it hard to believe that no one responded to this. Is there a
 > problem with the list, or am I not getting messages again?

Sorry - just clambered out of sudden work avalanche. I got it too, and found
it really interesting - not least because I hadn't realised you'd been DWJ's
editor, Gili! Only I thought it made DWJ sound rather bitter, as if all she
thought about were Rowling and her 'theft'. Whereas I imagine it's more a
case of that being all interviewers *ask* about.

(I had a small instance of this recently. A colleague of mine produced a
Gothic Handbook a few years ago, and I wrote the entry on Jacobean Tragedy.
Now they're thinking of doing a second edition, and she's asked me to write
on Gothic Children's Lit as well, but the publishers only want it if I
mention HP. Which must mean they're thinking of putting something on the
jacket along the lines of 'From Otranto to Hogwarts - we got the lot!'
Sigh...)

Charlie