OT: oranges

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Feb 10 05:32:24 EST 2004

Deborah wrote:
> Now I'm exceedingly hungry.  To counteract, I will think of
> Awful's tea
> for Quentin.  Also of turkish delight.  That was a gyp when I first
> tried it.  I assumed that because Edmund sold his soul for it that it
> would be *nice*.

DWJ is good at horrible food. Worms in custard...
Also, because an order just arrived and I am reading the Secret Country trilogy, Laura thinking that the hot chocolate was poisoned because it was bitter. (I'm enjoying them a lot, but if I only had the first one I'd be very pissed off by the way it just *stops*. More like a prologue than an independent book.)
Whose is the scene where a child keeps eating breakfast and the egg keeps growing back into the shell and the porridge bowl keeps refilling and s/he has to keep eating? Nasty.
Jennifer