OT: oranges

Mon Feb 9 21:26:20 EST 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 19:15:31 -0500 (EST), deborah wrote:

>Now I'm exceedingly hungry.  To counteract, I will think of Awful's tea
>for Quentin.  Also of turkish delight.  That was a gyp when I first
>tried it.  I assumed that because Edmund sold his soul for it that it
>would be *nice*.

I figured it must be awfully gross because he was gorging himself.  You
know.  Gluttony=nastiness.  I don't know how I made that connection.

The food in Steven Brust's books always makes me wish he would come to my
house to make dinner.  Or at least that Vlad would.  Mmmm, peppers.  Also in
the V.I. Warshawski novels; that woman knows how to eat well.

And can everyone just say "Babette's Feast"?

Melissa Proffitt
really late on dinner tonight
due to literary demands
but not anticipating anything nearly so good
as a butter pie