recommendations required

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 7 22:05:07 EST 2004

Hi All

I was chatting to a colleague today who has a 5 year old. He was talking
about how much they were enjoying the Catwings series by Ursula LeGuin, but
they were nearly finished the books, and he didn't know where to go next.
Does anyone have any recommendations of short(ish) chapter books that might
be similar? One of the things we were talking about is that Catwings are
not too scary for young children to have read to them. The issue is not so
much comprehension as age-appropriateness. Suggestions?

Robyn