The rest of the fruit dialogues (was: Changing words)

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Fri Feb 6 11:45:09 EST 2004

<< I've heard of loquats but never eaten one. >>

That's because if you want them you pretty much have to grow your own. They
are a delicious "soft fruit", but extremely fragile and it's next to impossible
to ship them. I also suspect that you cannot pick them green and expect them
to ripen on the counter for eating later. And the fact that they consist of a
thin layer of flesh over a central chamber with (typically)1-4 large seeds
makes them largely ineligible for selling frozen. By the time you get the skin
off and the seeds out, you really haven't got much left, but what you have has a
lovely, delicate taste.