Checking in

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 17:59:02 EST 2004

On kids reading;
I've been too busy with work to join in much here but
there has just been a report released by the
Australian Bureau of Statistics on children's leisure
habbits which gives reading as the number two activity
after TV and videos. "Girls were more likely to read
than boys (82% and 68%, respectively). Girls read for
an average of 8.6 hours during the fortnight compared
with 7.1 hours for boys." mind you 98% of kids watched
TV (only 98%?) for an average of 22 hours a fortnight
so reading was way behind, but it was ahead of video
games, sport or cultural activities.

Jon (who has also aquired two ginger kittens - named
Bubble and Squeek - and a Labrador puppy who seems to
think the kitten's names are Morsel and Toothpick and
can't understand why they don't want to pay for him)
(( I suspect they are our children's alternative to
providing grandchildren}}