Checking in

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Wed Feb 4 11:40:16 EST 2004

On Wednesday 04 February 2004 16:43, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

> Do for instance reluctant gymnasts
> get special care taken of them, or do they just get told to vault
> that horse. climb that rope, and to blazes with their tender
> sensibilities?

Well, I had remedial PE for two years in early high school, and it
wasn't tender sensibility, but real fear and incompetence (and fear of
incompetence). Caused by having been on the receiving end of bullying
all my life, and acquiring a bad body image from that, or something, at
least that's what the remedial-PE teacher said. He did make me much
more confident, because he let me do what I *was* good at so I knew,
finally, that there were some gym-like things I was good at. (Got into
the school volleyball team in fourth year)

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 03-Feb-2004