Fudge, totally OT

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Wed Feb 4 11:42:34 EST 2004

On Wednesday, February 4, 2004, at 08:43 AM, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

> Is it possible to make *non-dairy* fudge?  All fudge I have been able
> find to buy has "dairy" as an ingredient, and as we know, DWJ can't eat
> dairy anything.  Turns out one of the things (along with real cheese)
> she
> has been quietly missing for years is proper fudge, so I thought I'd
> ask
> here if any of you fudge-cookery experts happens to have a recipe that
> doesn't involve butter or condensed milk and still tastes worth eating.
>
> Minnow

  1/2 cup boiling water
  1 cup sugar
  1 tablespoon margarine
  2 cups powdered milk

  1 Combine all the ingredients.
  2 Whip until thick.
  3 Store in fridge until needed.

!!!!!Wait, wait, wait!  That's not the end.  Here's the non-dairy part:

I like to make most of my desserts non-dairy, and so many of the yummy
ones call for sweetened condensed milk. I made up a batch of this using
soy milk powder, and then made up some of my fudge.... It came out a
little softer than we are used to, but it was delicious! Non-dairy
fudge, amazing! I made my first batch in the blender, not the greatest
idea in the world, it gunked up the blades. The second batch was made
in my Kenwood mixer, and it was perfect! Thanks for posting this recipe
and making my life so much easier! I will be using this recipe over and
over again! (posted 9/5/2002)--Mirjam Dorn