Checking in

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Tue Feb 3 15:06:21 EST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Roger Burton West wrote:
|I hear a great deal about the power of the sinister school librarians'
|organisations to make or break a book for children in the USA, at least
|in the commercial sense. Possibly they have demands of this sort?

Well, if so, they don't teach us about it until after we've got the
diploma and have learned the secret handshake.  My vibe from the ALA
thus far is that librarians are as mad as anyone else about publishers'
and booksellers' assumptions about the intelligence -- or lack thereof
-- of child readers.

-deborah, library school student
--
Ye knowe ek, that in forme of speche is chaunge
Withinne a thousand yere, and wordes tho