CS Lewis

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Dec 29 22:23:38 EST 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Dorian E. Gray wrote:

> (And oddly enough, what strikes me as most offensive in the books
> now is the notion that though Narnia is not a country for Humans, it
> is a country to be ruled by Humans - horribly colonial.)

The idea goes back a bit further than colonialism, surely.

"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and
multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion
over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every
living thing that moveth upon the earth."

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."