Zut alors! C'est Monsieur Incroyable!

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Dec 28 04:40:27 EST 2004

I went with my family to see 'The Incredibles' at the cinema
yesterday. I am very happy that I did, for a number of reasons, one of
which is on-topic: I now do not care in the least that the
English-language release of 'Howl's Moving Castle' won't be until next
year; in fact, I think it's a good thing.

Why? Two words: Oscar eligibility. For all that I know intellectually
that the Oscars are a glitzy popularity contest of no real
significance, I shall be deeply saddened if 'The Incredibles' and
'Howl's Moving Castle' don't *both* win Best Animated Feature.

Paul
--
The Pink Pedanther