schools and standardised testing

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 23 00:23:03 EST 2004

Allison Marles wrote

>If you want to go to university, your grade 12 marks certainly count
>as these are what are used for the admissions cut-offs and minimum
>requirements.  Now, you can probably find some program at some
>university that has low enough minimum averages that anyone who passed
>the required prerequisite courses could get in, but you're certainly
>severely limiting your choices of both school and program.

I understand this, but what seems to be different in Canada generally
than in Melbourne is that there are a multiplicity of second, third and
fourth chances to get those required marks. Lots of the students at our
college are upgrading marks to get into programs, whether they are doing
Grade 12 level again, or more advanced courses.

Robyn