greetings appropriate to the season

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Wed Dec 22 14:44:32 EST 2004

On Wednesday 22 December 2004 17:39, Otter Perry wrote:

[too much to quote]

Heh. I've just come back from the school Christmas pageant <cringe>[1]
and this is exactly what I needed to see things in perspective.

[1] though not as much as previous years; this year my objections were
only to too-loud unmelodious singing [2], parents who think darkness
and silence are mutually exclusive, and one very very bad song. The
thing itself was decently Christian, and decently done.

[2] I wish they'd give me fourth and fifth grade for one hour, or better
still, fifteen minutes each school day for a month, so I could teach
them what I'm teaching the church children's choir. If my nine- to
eleven-year-olds can learn, so can those nine- to eleven-year-olds.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 17-Dec-2004